It has been a tremendous honor for me to serve the residents and businesses of Shawnee County since 2013! I will continue to work very hard to preserve the integrity and trust that is expected from the office of Register of Deeds.Service with a Smile
County Government should never burden nor ignore the citizens that we serve. I am committed to maintaining an open-door, friendly atmosphere to all who enter the office.Improving Efficiencies and Technological Expertise
We must continue in perpetuity to update, maintain, and preserve the $11 Billion of County records*… always utilizing the thriftiest, most dependable and efficient technologies available. *property records valuation as of 2013
There are always ways to improve efficiencies. I will continue to work both with the public and other county agencies to devise ways to save the taxpayers from wasted expenditures and inefficient bureaucracies.
Since taking office as the Register of Deeds in 2013, I have put in place cost and time saving measures:
- We now return your deed in 5 minutes instead of 24 hours!
- Streamlined the way we process sales validation questionnaire forms saving about 30 minutes of staff time per day.
- Found a way to save time and money by working with the county clerk’s office to place their certification stamp on documents electronically.
- Increased the number of electronic recordings from 35%-74% saving valuable staff time.
- In order to make our records more accessible to you, we have converted 2.8 million images (from 2002 and earlier that were only available only through microfilm in the Register of Deeds office) into digital images available online 24 hours a day.
Exercise Good Judgment
A “lean and fit government” is the healthiest approach to winning the battle against bureaucratic waste.Safeguarding Records
Preventing fraudulent, illegal, and malicious record-tampering is a real concern for everyone. Both individuals and businesses must be safely protected! That is why I promote a free property fraud alert service to monitor and protect anyone that records documents with my office. In the first few weeks of the promotion over 300 people had signed up. Signing up can be done online at www.propertyfraudalert.com.Advocate for all County Citizens
As the Register of Deeds, I work directly for you, the citizen! You are my boss. Not anyone else (whether elected or appointed in county government). That means all questions, concerns, or suggestions with the Register of Deeds is an open face-to-face meeting with me. I welcome you to give me a call, or come inside the office where you can see me in person.